The Hook sword is shaped like a shepherd's hook. There are four main components to the weapon.
- The back, which is used like traditional swords.
- The hook, which is used for slashing, as well as catching weapons and tripping opponents.
- The end of the hilt, which are shaped into daggers.
- The crescent guard, which is used for blocking and slashing.
- 3 feet
- 2 lbs each
- Forged steel
The Twin Hooks are primarily a slashing weapon, although the dagger ends can be used for stabbing. Another technique shown was to hook the two swords together, with the user swinging one, causing the dagger of the second sword to slash the opponent.
There is little reliable information on the history of the weapon. They seem to be an exclusively civilian weapon, appearing in none of the official listings of Chinese armaments.
- The Twin Hooks were the most effective weapon relative to the match in Deadliest Warrior history, with 566 kills, more than enough to win the match-up alone. They are currently the only weapon to achieve over 500 kills. Only closely followed by the Thompson submachine gun, with 499 kills in the hands of the Mafia.