The Heckler & Koch G36 is a German-made assault rifle, engineered for maximum impact with minimum weight. It was the Mid-Range weapon of the GSG-9.
- Range: 650 yards
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Length: 39.3 in stock extended; 29.8 in stock folded
- Barrel Length: 18.9 in
- Cartridge: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Action: Gas-operated, rotating bolt
- Rate of Fire: 750 rounds/min
- Muzzle Velocity: 3,018 ft/s
- Feed System: 30-round detachable box magazine
- Sights: Reflex sight with 1x magnification, telescopic sight with 3x magnification
The G36 was developed in the early 1990's, following the unification of East and West Germany. It was accepted into the German military in 1997, replacing the H&K G3 battle rifle.